Saturday 12 November 2016

INTERACTIVE :: 13/11/16 - Moth Rigging

Most of the week has been spent rigging and painting my moth's skin weights to make sure that it moves and flexes correctly.  With the model as simple as it is, figuring out the skin weights has not been too difficult.

Skin weights have been mirrored so that both sides are even.





Over the weekend, I made a quick animation to showcase what the rig can do!  Due to its tiny limbs, however, it is somewhat difficult to show the moth doing things that require extensive stretching of its arms and legs.  it was only after I finished rigging that I also noticed I positioned the joints of its arms wrong, so making them rotate can be a bit of an issue at times.


At this stage, all I need to do is add controls and then I can begin animation!  I may require a refresher course on how those work, but it shouldn't take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment