Wednesday 2 November 2016

INTERACTIVE :: 02/11/16 - Rigging Moth

The past couple of days I have spent trying to refamiliarize myself with the rigging aspect of 3D modelling.  The moth feels like it will be a lot easier to rig than the model I created last year, as it has very simple arms/legs with no fingers.  I honestly only wanted to spend a couple of days on getting the rig together, but unfortunately, personal issues have arisen and I'm a little behind on where I would like to be with it.

There aren't really too many progress shots to show so far - I've created all the joints and put them together in a hierarchy, ready to bind to the skin once I confirm with another group member that everything is connected the way that its supposed to be.





Also, while messing around yesterday, me and the rest of the team accidentally ended up creating a more appealing moth, as well as creating a basis for the 'sage' character by being silly and messing around with the character's fur parts.

The moth actually looks quite cute with fluffy pants, even if the 'pants' are just a rotated version of the fluffy collar around its neck.



As for the sage, we found that by increasing the size of the fur collar and shifting it up, we could create a pretty convincing beard.

This one was just for fun.  It really looks like a sheep now.

No comments:

Post a Comment